Roasted salmon steak
- 4 (12-oz.) salmon steaks (bones removed)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- Season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper. In the 8 in 1 Tiborang wok, cook over medium-high heat, heat oil and butter. Add salmon and cook until bottom is golden, 5 minutes, then flip. Add garlic, lemon juice, honey, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook until salmon is cooked through, another 5 minutes, spooning sauce over salmon as it cooks.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Tandoori chicken wrap
- 1 3/4 cups plain yogurt (whole-milk or low-fat)
- 2 1/2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. crushed red chile flakes, or to taste
- 1 1/4 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/4 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. table salt
- 1/2 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Naan, pita, or flour tortillas, warmed
- Romaine or leafy lettuce (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt (preferably whole-milk)
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 3 tbsp. chopped mint
- 1 tbsp. table salt, or to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Prepare a hot fire for grilling or preheat a gas grill. Brush the grill rack with olive oil.
- Grill the chicken over indirect heat, covered, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board and thinly slice. Arrange the chicken on a platter. Arrange the naan, pita, or tortillas on another platter. Set out the mint-yogurt dressing.
- Instruct everyone at the table to pile several slices of chicken in a tortilla or pita, add some lettuce if desired, spoon some dressing on top, roll into a wrap, and devour.
- While the chicken is cooking, in a smallish bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
Short Rib Stew
- 3 1/2 pounds boneless beef short ribs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups veal or chicken stock
- 6 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, chopped
- 8 sage leaves, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the short ribs with the flour. In the Tiborang 8 in 1 wok, heat the oil. Working in batches, cook the short ribs over moderately high heat until browned all over, about 6 minutes per batch. Discard the oil.
- Return the meat and any juices to the wok. Add the wine and boil until reduced by half. Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until the meat is tender, estimate 2 hours.
- Skim any fat from the stew. Stir in the carrots, potatoes, parsnips, onion, mushrooms, thyme and sage. Cover and simmer over low heat until the vegetables are tender, about 35 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Fresh Berry Brunch Crêpes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) Jell-o vanilla flavour instant pudding
- 1 cup thawed cool whip whipped topping (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries)
- 1 cup maple flavour or pancake syrup
- Combine flour and salt in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in 1 cup milk until blended. Add eggs; mix well.
- Heat on our nonstick pan by medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into pan; tilt pan to evenly coat bottom with batter. Cook 1 to 2 min. Or until bottom of crêpe is lightly browned; turn. Cook to brown other side. Transfer crêpe to plate. Repeat with remaining batter to make 7 more crêpes.
- Beat pudding mix and remaining milk in separate medium bowl with whisk 2 min. Stir in COOL WHIP.
- Spoon 1/4 cup pudding mixture down centre of each crêpe; stack up. Place in serving dish; top with berries syrup on every layers.